Saturday, April 02, 2011

Saturday - the mid point of Clore

Today is a mix of time off and some programmed stuff, a good idea for me because I think I'd have been a bit lost if there had been nothing "to do" today. However now that I am back from the day's jaunt I intend to do nothing except read the papers. I have just noticed that I can see the sea from my room, it's the first really clear day and there's a purply blue ribbon way beyond the trees - tomorrow's plan is to to go to Druridge or Cresswell (or both...) and get a closer view

Started with a dynamic yoga class which I had skipped yesterday evening but today it did me a world of good. Then we headed out to Woodhorn a museum celebrating the coal mining industry and set in one of the most complete sets of coal/industrial buildings in the region, We were met by the director who will be one of our speakers next week. The site is a great mix of restored and reinstated buildings as well as a stunning new visitor centre with galleries, permanent collections and home of the region's archives



They opened up one of the Winding Houses for us and started the machinery, absolutely fascinating and I wished the kids had been there too. The Director had bought along his 5 yr old son, so I cheered myself up by talking to him!


No comments: